Discover Australia's Camino trails
Pil·grim·age (n): a journey…where a person goes in search of new or expanded meaning about their self, others, nature. (Wikipedia).
When we first think of pilgrimage walks our thoughts may naturally turn to Spain’s life-affirming Camino de Santiago or Japan’s wonderful Kumano Kodo walk. Australia has its own unique caminos that celebrate the traditions of European pilgrimages while linking us to our own past and celebrating our connections to nature.
For many of us in this rapidly changing new world a pilgrimage is about creating an opportunity to slow down and reflect. The meditative rhythm of placing one foot after the other can be soothing, allowing time for solitude, quiet contemplation, or good conversation and the chance to make new friends.
RAW Travel’s Australian caminos, including the Aussie Camino from Portland to Penola, the Pilgrim Trail in Western Australia, and our Camino and Kumano Kodo training hikes in the Blue Mountains and Great Ocean Walk are perfect opportunities to connect yourself with people and places.
Come with us to explore wild craggy coastlines, tiny pockets of lush rainforest, white pristine beaches, dusty outback roads and quintessential Australian bushland. Enjoy abundant flora and fauna and rich regional towns. All you have to do is enjoy fine walking, good camaraderie and bring along a spirit of adventure.
View Our Walks
‘The Aussie Camino’
- Capture the essence of the Camino de Santiago
- Learn about the life of Mary MacKillop
- Walk with like-minded people in this centuries-old tradition
- Stunning beauty and diversity of Australia’s landscapes
Camino Salvado Pilgrim Trail
- Capture the essence of the Camino de Santiago in Western Australia
- Follow in the footsteps of Dom Salvado to Australia’s only monastic town
- Walk through the heart of Western Australia’s wildflower country
- Can be run as a private group on demand
Camino de Santiago
Private: Camino Training – Great Ocean Walk
- Camino-themed 3 day trip
- Benefit from the experience of our Camino Specialists
- Join other Camino pilgrims on a pre-travel training trip