your adventure starts here
Welcome to a selection of Australia and the World’s great walks, run by people who are passionate and experienced hikers themselves. Whether you’re contemplating your first-ever multi-day walk or you’re a veteran hiker who’s lost count of their adventures, we can offer you inspiration and support for exploring the world on foot. We offer fully supported, pack-free guided & self-guided walks and Independent adventures.
We have flexible booking conditions and we have implemented the highest standard of COVID – safe practices across all our trips and we are accredited under the global ‘Safe Travels’ scheme. So pull on your hiking boots and join us – we can’t wait to help you plan your next great walk!
SEARCH FOR YOUR TRIP
FIND YOUR JOURNEY
your walking experts
We believe in the transformative power of walking and for over 20 years now we’ve supported people on hiking adventures all over the planet. We are known as the specialists for iconic long-distance walks, having built our reputation with many thousands of happy walkers.
We offer personal service, backed by unusual flexibility in delivering what you desire. All our trips are fully carbon offset and contribute back to the environment and local communities. Our ultimate aim is a simple one – really happy customers who rave about their travel experiences and want to come back for more!
Our latest trips
New for 2022
Australia – Guided walks
Grampians Peak Trail Huts
- Guided 4-day exploration of the Northern Grampians
- Experience stays in 2 exclusive National Park huts
- Waterfalls of Gar, Peaks and Ridgeline walking
- Return Transfers from Melbourne
Mornington Peninsula 5 days – Self-Guided
- Experience the 100km Mornington Peninsula Walk
- Climb over the famous vantage point of Arthur’s Seat
- Take in the beautiful bay villages of Portsea and Sorrento
- Arthur’s Seat, Mornington National Park, Cape Schanck Coast, Point Nepean National Park
Australia – Guided walks
Yoga and hiking, Byron Bay
- Daily meditation and Yoga practice
- Guided coastal and hinterland hikes with local Guides
- Bush Tucker walks with an Indigeneous Guide
- Fantastic, healthy vegetarian food
Australia – Guided walks
Grampians Peak Trail 5 day Self-Guided
- 5-day self-guided highlights of the new Grampians Peaks Trail
- Walk Northern, Central and Southern sections and peaks
- Stay in comfortable accommodation in Halls Gap and Dunkeld
- Daily trail transfer, PLB, Maps and App included
Renew your spirit
‘The Aussie Camino’
- Capture the essence of the Camino de Santiago
- Learn about the life of Mary MacKillop
- Walk with like-minded people in this centuries-old tradition
- Stunning beauty and diversity of Australia’s landscapes
Private: Camino Salvado Pilgrim Trail
- Capture the essence of the Camino de Santiago in Western Australia
- Follow in the footsteps of Dom Salvado to Australia’s only monastic town
- Walk through the heart of Western Australia’s wildflower country
- Connect with yourself and other hikers with simple rituals of pilgrim life
Camino de Santiago
The Full Camino
- Self-guided walking trip; Set your own pace
- Enjoy Spain’s rich legacy of history, culture, food and art
- Ideal for single travellers who like the details of their trip well planned
- Country roads, forest tracks over old villages, cities born from the Camino trail
Lucca to Rome – Via Francigena
- Explore Medieval UNESCO towns of Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena and Rome
- Relax in hot springs at Bagno Vignoni
- Views of the Chianti region from the fortified walls of Monteriggioni
- Trek across the photogenic Crete Senesi and Val d’Orcia
Portuguese Coastal Camino
Porto to Santiago – Portuguese Coastal Camino
- Savour the slower pace of this much quieter Camino
- memorable encounters with friendly locals along the way
- Rest or explore with a free day in Porto, a vibrant and fascinating riverside city
- Make an optional visit to Tui or a day trip to the Cies Islands
Australia & NZ
Explore Wild Coastlines
Cape to Cape Track
The Self Guided Trip – Cape to Cape Track
- Discover dramatic granite outcrops and pristine ocean sea-scapes
- Be wowed by an astounding variety of flora including seasonal spider-orchids
- Embrace the meditative rhythm of walking along pristine beaches
- Walk among towering Karri trees – some of the tallest trees in the world
Great Ocean Walk
Great South West Walk – Guided
- Discover wild dramatic coastlines and white secluded beaches
- Stroll along the limestone Gorges of the Glenelg river
- Immerse yourself in 6,600 year-old UNESCO World Heritage listed Budj Bim
- Spot Australian and New Zealand fur seals at Cape Bridgewater
- Exclusive historical & cultural talks and visits
Great Ocean Walk
The End to End Guided Trip – Great Ocean Walk
- Fully cooked breakfast provided every morning
- Comfortable well-appointed accommodation
- Gain insights; local history, culture, and landscape
- Exclusives with our shipwreck historian & a local Indigenous Elder
Abel Tasman & Queen Charlotte: Self-Guided
- Pack-free self-guided hike along the classic Abel Tasman & Queen Charlotte tracks
- Excellent boutique lodges along the trail and delicious locally produced meals
- Gaze in awe at the remote golden sand beaches and pristine coastline
- A haven for wildlife and nature lovers
Australia – Guided walks
Walk the Tasman Peninsula
- Explore the boardwalks and the Capes of the Tasman Sea
- Australia’s highest sea cliffs; standing at ‘nature’s edge’
- Guided tours of Port Arthur and Hobart
- Hotel accommodation each night
We have helped almost 15,000 walkers since 2006 and have a 4.7 / 5 experience rating across all our trips.
Just a note to let you know how much I enjoyed our recent walk with RAW. We were so well looked after, from beautiful accommodation, great food and best of all two of the best guides ever Mandy and Nicki! I would definitely recommend this walking trip to my friends and family, in fact we haven’t stopped talking about all the good times since we arrived back in Gerringong NSW! Thanks for such a memorable holiday and a big cheer to Mandy and Nicki who were so caring and informative they made the whole trip magic! The Mornington Peninsula certainly is a beautiful spot to visit.
Using the services of RAW Travel afforded me the much-needed time to focus on the physical, mental and spiritual preparation for my 41-day Camino Frances. Having nightly accommodation pre-booked, luggage transported each day, and the safety net of on-the-ground local contacts was a great investment. I didn’t have to rush along The Way searching for a bed! RAW are my ‘go-to’ for walking the Camino, Kumano and more.
When I met Nick and Darren in front of the NGV International on Wednesday, April 21st, for the Great South West Walk I instantly felt that they would be a wonderful team to travel with and I am very pleased to be able to tell you that my instincts turned out to be true! Nick was a terrific guide over the three days of walking…very knowledgeable, very attentive and very personable. Both Nick and Darren worked hard to ensure that The Great South West Walk was a memorable experience for all of us. Loved the trip!!
My Wife Kristy and I just completed our first guided tour with RAW – 7 days on the Great Ocean Walk, end-to-end. Guides Eric and Lee were brilliant they never missed a beat and made our experience one to remember. We highly recommend RAW and to visit Cape Otway, some of the most beautiful coastline in the world
Rob and Kirsty Esposito
We had a girls weekend away and loved every minute of it. We thoroughly enjoyed being looked after by our guide Eric and driver Lee who fed and watered us at plentiful intervals with fresh, healthy food and occasional surprise treats. The scenery is spectacular and appreciating the Great Ocean flora and fauna is best done on foot because of the details, immersion in nature and the exposure to the history of the area. Fantastic experience!
Louise Jones, NSW
We are currently doing our third walk with RAW (Nakasendo Way), and, as always, they have excelled themselves! What an amazing experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend RAW. Prior to this, we walked the Kumano Kodo, qualifying us for our Dual Pilgrim certificates. So proud! Thanks RAW, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Fiona Anderson & David Bignell (VIC)
The logistics of my Tour du Mont Blanc guided trip through France, Italy and Switzerland was really well organised by RAW. Dave was an excellent mountain guide – encouraging and full of information. He was quite the MacGyver and Bear Grylls rolled into one! The walk itself was stunning and perfectly challenging. The accommodation was comfortable and clean and the food delicious. They even catered for my lactose intolerance.
Dale Ischia (VIC)
Just completed the 5-day self-guided Nakasendo Way. So beautiful in every way. An extraordinary trip. Thank you RAW Travel for immersing us in the culture and nature of Japan and making it stress free.
Elaine Mills (NSW)
Just finished 17 days walking the Coast to Coast in England. This trip was the best walking holiday I’ve ever experienced. An incredibly beautiful part of England made even better thanks to the team at RAW Travel. All the travel arrangements, baggage transfers and accommodation were spot on. Everything went flawlessly.
Richmond Goodwin (VIC)
Training & resources
New to walking trips?
If you are new to multi-day walks and long-distance routes (or just hiking) stay with us – you are in the right place! We can help you enjoy each step of the journey and feel confident about taking on that dream hiking trip.
We offer in-depth training guides and information websites specific to various walks that give you good insights and fitness ideas and tips to help you get fit. We have experienced destination specialists to talk to and offer excellent resources with our free comprehensive destination guides that can help you feel confident and informed about the walk you’re choosing. Once you arrive at your destination you can be guided by our experienced leaders or our own walking app and unique resources such as our dedicated guidebooks. For more details check out:
our certifications & awards
you’re in safe hands