TOKYO HOTEL + NINGYOCHO AND NIHONBASHI WALKING TOUR
Ningyochon is a charming neighbourhood known for its special, traditional goods and souvenirs made in Japan. Our local guide will provide you with insider knowledge on Japanese customs, traditions and food and will introduce you to typical items they use in everyday life. You have an opportunity to visit a number of shops that were established over 100 years ago, many of which are still family owned.
Along the way we have the chance to sample some home made Tokyo specialities like Ningyoyaki cakes from a bakery that is over 110 years old as well as experience the spiritual side of this area with a visit to a local shrine.
Today, Nihonbashi is predominantly a financial district that houses trading firms and the Tokyo Stock Exchange. However, originally it was a hub for merchants during the Edo period (1603 – 1868). Our guide will lead you through the modern town to discover many traditional Japanese shops hidden in alleyways and within its department stores – shops that only an insider could know about. Here you can browse through a display of Japanese calligraphy brushes, traditional inks and handmade greeting cards at an old-fashioned stationery shop established in 1912 and admire delicately carved items at a shop that specialises in home-made toothpicks.
This special package also includes a 3 night stay at a well located, modern hotel that offers an excellent base for exploring this dynamic city.
- Explore local neighbourhoods of Tokyo with an informative and professional guide
- Discover 100 year-old stores producing hand-made traditional crafts
- Learn the secrets to making some of Tokyo’s favourite snacks from the bakers themselves – and then get to taste them!
- Stay in a conveniently located, comfortable hotel with great facilities and service
From $930 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 3 nights accommodation in a modern Tokyo hotel (Western style beds)
- Daily breakfast
- Hotel city tax
- 3-hour guided walking tour of Ningyocho and Nihonbashi districts including snacks
- Lunch, dinners and beverages
- Airport transfers
- Transport to start/end of tour
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting time: 12.45pm
- Location: McDonald’s Ningyōchō, 2 Chome-3-1 Nihonbashiningyocho, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0013, Japan
- Additional Information: As most of the shops we visit are small, family-owned businesses, they sometimes unexpectedly close or alter their hours for the day. In such a case, we’ll visit other nearby shops or attractions that still keep with the theme and essence of the tour. We recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes. This tour does not operate on Sundays. Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking. We will be visiting a shrine – modest dress is recommended.
A popular choice for travellers, the Granbell Hotel Shibuya is a contemporary hotel with modern and comfortable rooms. Situated in an excellent location, the hotel is just 3 minutes walk from Shibuya Station which offers direct train access to Shinjuku and Harajuku in under 10 minutes and Narita International Airport in 80 minutes. Shibuya is a well known shopping and entertainment area with a plethora of dining options to satisfy all taste buds. The hotel is also a short stroll to the famous Shibuya intersection.
The hotel features a variety of dining options, a luggage storage service, non-smoking rooms and free wi-fi. Rooms include free amenities, refrigerator, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and ipod dock.
*Please note that in the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you would like to request a different standard hotel please enquire with the flights team. Pricing will vary depending on hotel standard, room type and season.
How to book
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]