PORTO HOTEL + DOURO WINE TOUR
This 9-hour tour will show you the best of Douro, the first Portuguese wine region and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Traveling by air conditioned vehicle through the picturesque landscape, you will visit the 16th-century monastery of São Gonçalo de Amarante, built in honour of Saint Gonçalo de Amarante. In the heart of the Douro valley you will visit a port wine estate where you will learn about the production method of different kinds of port wine as you walk through the vineyards. Following this you will have the opportunity to sample wines of the estate. Lunch will be at a local restaurant before driving to the village of Pinhão. Here you can marvel at the Portuguese tiles that depict the beauty of the Douro Valley on the façade of the train station. You may take a 1-hour boat cruise before returning back to Porto (own expense).
This special package also includes a 2 night stay at a well located, modern hotel that offers an excellent base for exploring the city.
- The beautiful landscapes of the Douro Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Learn about the production of olive oil by a local producer
- Wine tasting of the regions specialty port wine
- Optional 1-hour river cruise at Pinhão (additional cost)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group tour
- 2 nights accommodation in a well located hotel with breakfast
From $420 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 2 nights accommodation in a modern, well located hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Full day guided tour of the Douro Valley
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Experienced, English speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Visit to a local olive oil producer and tasting
- Visit to two different wine producers plus wine tastings
- Lunch of typical Portuguese food
- Bottled water
- Lunch and dinners (except for lunch on Douro Valley day tour)
- Airport transfers
- 1-hour river cruise at Pinhão (extra cost applies)
Duration: 9 hours
Meeting Time: 8.30am (hotel pick up times may start before 8.30am)
Meeting Location: Hotel lobby
End Location: Hotel or private address in Porto or Vila Nova de Gaia
Additional Notes: Please advise us at the time of booking if you are Gluten Free or a Vegetarian
The Hotel Carris Porto Ribeira is a four star establishment overlooking the Douro River in the medieval district of Ribeira. Set amongst narrow cobbled streets, the renovated historic building offers character and comfort. The rooms are serviced by an elevator and offer free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and modern decor. You will also find bathrooms equipped with a hairdryer and free amenities.
This hotel is conveniently situated close to popular sites and is only a 10 minute walk to the Sao Bento Train Station.
*Please note that in the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you prefer another hotel of a different standard, please enquire with our staff for suggestions on a property suited to your needs. Pricing will vary depending on the hotel, room type and season.
How to book:
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]