PARIS HOTEL + CHEESE AND WINE TASTING IN AN UNDERGROUND CELLAR
Cheese and wine are the ultimate partnership and on this tour you will master the art of pairing these two delicacies during a tasting session in an underground Paris cheese cellar. Delve below Paris’ bustling streets with your professional cheesemonger guide to discover an underground treasure trove of maturing cheeses. Delicate goats cheeses and soft Camembert sit alongside impressive 35kg wheel stacks of Comté cheese, all in varying stages of maturation and ripening. The cheese stored in these cellars will vary depending on the time of year.
Listen as your guide explains the history, techniques and traditions of French and Swiss cheese production. Then it’s time for the best part of the evening where you get to savour seven soft, delicate cheeses, and follow your bites with sips of both light and complex wines, learning to appreciate the delicious, elegant and subtle flavours at play. Bread and fruit will also be provided with your cheese samples.
This special package also includes a 3 night stay at a well located hotel that offers an excellent base for exploring the city.
- Master the fine art of cheese and wine pairing in an underground cheese cellar in Paris
- Learn about the history and techniques of cheesemaking by a cheesemonger
- Small group tour (max 10 participants)
- 3 nights accommodation in a well located hotel
From $700 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 3 nights accommodation in Paris
- Daily breakfast
- Tastings of 7 cheeses and 3 wines
- Bread and fruit with the tasting
- Professional cheese and wine guide
- Lunch and dinners
- Airport transfers
- Transport to/from the tour
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Meeting Time: 11am or 4.30pm
- Meeting Location: Cheese shop in Paris, 10th Arrondissement
- End Location: As above
- Additional Notes: This tour does not operate on Sunday or Monday. The cellar is only accessible by stairs. You will be required to wear a hygienic suit in the cellar.
Hotel Royal Saint Germain offers elegant rooms and a superb location. Situated in the historical 6th district in Paris, the Saint-Placide Metro Station is a convenient 3 minute walk away. The area is popular for its shopping, food, art and culture.
Relax in the comfortable bar and lounge area or make use of the excellent concierge service. The charming rooms are beautifully decorated and feature air-conditioning, a safe, minibar, toiletries and hairdryer.
*Please note that in the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you prefer another hotel of a different standard, please enquire with our staff for suggestions on a property suited to your needs. Pricing will vary depending on the hotel standard, room type and season.
How to book:
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]