MADRID HOTEL + HISTORICAL WALKING TOUR WITH TAPAS
Immerse yourself in Spanish culture and history on this 3.5-hour historical walking tour of Madrid with food tastings and dinner.
Starting in the 16th-century city centre with its stunning architecture and charming ancient streets, your guide will engage you with stories of a time gone by through to modern day Madrid. Meander through the winding, centuries-old streets, while your guide brings to life the history of such highlights as the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and the Royal Palace. Along the way, we will stop at some of Madrid’s most popular family-run tapas bars to savour some tasty dishes like Jamón, Manchego cheese, salami and chorizo cold-cuts, Spanish tortilla, chorizo in white-wine sauce, and a traditional Castilian paella. Pair your food with delicious red wine, sangría, or beer. As is customary, you will stand up at the first three tapas bars and sit at the last, capping your meal off with some authentic chupitos, or soothing herbal shots of Pacharán or Licor de Hierbas.
This special package also includes a 2 night stay at a well located hotel that offers an excellent base for exploring the city.
- Delve into the history and culture of this amazing city with a local guide
- Explore Madrid’s culinary specialties with tastings at popular family run tapas bars
- See significant sites and monuments illuminated at night
- 2 nights accommodation in a well located hotel
From $445 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 2 nights accommodation in Madrid
- Daily breakfast
- Food tastings
- Local guide
- Entry Fee – Puerta del Sol
- Entry Fee – Plaza Mayor
- Entry Fee – Royal Palace of Madrid
- Entry Fee – Plaza de Isabel II
- Lunch and dinners (except dinner on Historical Walking Tour)
- Airport transfers
- Transport to/from the tour
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Meeting Time: 7pm
- Meeting Location: Central Madrid
- End Location: Tour returns to original departure point
- Additional Notes: Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. A vegetarian option is available if advised at the time of booking.
Boasting an excellent location in the heart of Madrid, Hotel Regina is ideally situated for visiting the cities’ most popular sites.
The hotel is elegant and modern in its presentation and rooms are spacious and comfortable. Featuring air-conditioning, a safe, sound-proofing, hairdryer, free amenities and Wi-Fi, you will be more than comfortable during your stay here. Other appealing facilities include an airport shuttle service and a Mediterranean restaurant with a wine cellar featuring over 60 International wines.
*Please note that in the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you prefer another hotel of a different standard, please enquire with our staff for suggestions on a property suited to your needs. Pricing will vary depending on the hotel standard, room type and season.
How to book:
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]