KYOTO HOTEL + PRIVATE FOOD AND SAKE TOUR
Discover the culinary delights of Kyoto with a local guide who can help navigate an overwhelming array of dining options for an unforgettable experience
After meeting at our designated point in central Kyoto, we will make our way to a popular local sake bar where we will try 4 different styles of the national drink. Now that we’ve relaxed and know each other a little better, we will take a short walk to our Japanese Izakaya. Traditional “Izakaya” are Japans equivalent of a western style pub, a place where you can unwind after work, catch up with colleagues, eat, drink and make new friends.
During our experience there is no limit to how much or how little you can eat or drink! Just have an open mind, an adventurous palate & a ferocious appetite. From edamame to the freshest sashimi, from silken tofu to expertly char-grilled yakotori, this is where food, drinks & conversation flow freely. So let us take the hard work out of what will surely be an unforgettable Japanese culinary experience.
Also included in this package is 3 nights accommodation in a 110 year old traditional “machiya” (Kyoto Townhouse).
- Sample tasty Japanese food in authentic eateries
- Unlimited food, beer, wine and sake at a traditional Izakaya (Japanese pub)
- Small group (max 6 people)
- Stay in a 110 year old traditional “machiya” (Kyoto Townhouse)
From $540 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 3 nights accommodation in Kyoto (Japanese style with western toilet)
- English speaking guide
- Private group
- Sake tasting (samples of 4 different styles)
- Full ‘Izakaya’ meal
- Unlimited beer, wine and sake during the meal
- Unlimited non-alcoholic drinks during the meal
- Transport to/from the tour meeting point
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for your guide
- All meals except the dinner included in the guided tour
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting time: 6.30pm
- Finish time: 9.30pm
- Start location: Jam Jar Lounge and Inn OR The Laque Building – Corner of Shijo-dori and Karasuma-dori
- End location: Jam Jar Lounge and Inn OR The Laque Building – Corner of Shijo-dori and Karasuma-dori
- Transport: Walking
- Please bring: Comfortable walking shoes and an adventurous appetite and open mind
- Group size: 2-6 people
- Additional notes: Any dietary requirements or food allergies should be advised at the time of booking. In Japan, it is not common for people to have or voice special dietary needs. This means that, in general, restaurants have a limited understanding of what, for example, eating gluten free or vegan entails. Although we will do our best, there may be times when we cannot accommodate the needs of some visitors. If this is the case, we will be sure to advise when receiving your booking request.
- Smoking in venues where food is served is permitted in most local Japanese restaurant & bars. Kyoto is no exception. Although we will do our upmost to lessen our guests exposure to cigarette smoke, it cannot be guaranteed.
Housed in a 110 year old traditional “machiya” (Kyoto Townhouse), Jam Jar Lounge & Inn offers boutique style accommodation with a café lounge area with free Wi-Fi. Seamlessly combining modern design without compromising the integrity of its original Japanese ambience, each room has its own private bathroom and has been meticulously finished to pay homage to this unique Kyoto style of building. Combine this with an on-site English speaking café serving real espresso coffee and imported Australian wines, and you have a unique opportunity to experience Kyoto life through the eyes of its locals, while still enjoying everything this historic city has to offer.
*Please note that this hotel has Japanese style rooms. You will sleep on futons on the floor. The room has a private western bathroom and toilet.
In the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you prefer another hotel of a different standard, please enquire with our staff for suggestions on a property suited to your needs. Pricing will vary depending on the hotel, room type and season.
Brilliant for first timers to Japan, had a blast with our very knowledgeable host, knew all the best sneaky spots for an authentic Japan experience. Food was amazing (even for a fuss pot who isn’t super adventurous). Also in our group was a person with very specific dietary needs (we all know one!). These we no trouble for our guide, who made sure everyone was taken care of. Absolutely worth it for anyone having even just a stop over in Kyoto (though I don’t know why you would, the place is AH-MAY-ZING).
How to book
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]