BARCELONA HOTEL + MONTSERRAT & SITGES DAY TOUR
Embark on an amazing day trip, visiting two of the most beautiful and famous places near Barcelona – the magic mountain of Montserrat and the charming sea village of Sitges. In Montserrat, admire the wonderful Santa María de Montserrat Abbey perched high in the mountains, and offering spectacular views and photo opportunities. Another highlight here is the Black Madonna, a wood carving from the 12-century, representing the patron saint of Catalonia. Afterwards discover a different perspective of the area by taking a cable car to the top and enjoy an easy walk with amazing views.
Backed by the mountainous Parc Natural del Garraf, Sitges is popular for its Mediterranean beaches and seafront promenade lined with grand colonial mansions. The old town and surrounding streets are filled with shops, restaurants, art galleries and museums. Enjoy some lunch here before exploring the town and a taking a pleasant stroll along the promenade.
This special package also includes a 2 night stay at a well located, modern hotel that offers an excellent base for exploring the city.
- Discover the impressive Santa María de Montserrat Abbey nestled into the Montserrat mountain range
- Sample some Mediterranean cuisine in the vibrant coastal town of Sitges
- Small group tour with a professional guide
- 2 nights accommodation in a well located hotel with breakfast
From $500 per person (based on double occupancy in low season)
- 2 nights accommodation in a modern, well located hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Local guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission – Abadia de Montserrat
- Entry/Admission – Sant Joan Funicular Railway
- Entry/Admission – Montana de Montserrat
- Lunch and dinners
- Airport transfers
- Duration: 9 hours
- Meeting Time: 8.15am
- Meeting Location: Hotel lobby
- End Location: Returns to original departure point
- Group Size: Maximum of 12 people (min of 2 people required)
- Additional Notes: Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
The Expo Hotel is a contemporary city hotel with a rooftop pool and restaurant boasting excellent city views from the terrace. The hotel also offers an exclusive bike rental service for its guests who like a more active urban adventure. All rooms feature balconies, large windows, free Wi-Fi, fridge and air-conditioning. Bathrooms are equipped with a hairdryer and free amenities.
This hotel is conveniently situated next to Sants Station and is 1 stop from the centre and 10 minutes from the airport and port.
*Please note that in the event that this hotel is unavailable on your preferred dates, another hotel of similar standard will be offered to you. If you prefer another hotel of a different standard, please enquire with our staff for suggestions on a property suited to your needs. Pricing will vary depending on the hotel, room type and season.
How to book:
Contact our experienced specialists Rosalind and Andrea to discuss your city break needs.
Phone: (03) 5973 5413
Email: [email protected]